Monday, August 29, 2016

3 Artist's Project


"A concept I dreamt up one night, unable to sleep, my manic tendencies taking hold.
A shared passion for creating, that connects one to another.The quintessential painter's subject, the beauty and grace of an artist's brushstroke, the resolute passion of the photographer, all with one common goal."



I came across photographer Allie Kirk's Instagram page one day, and upon seeing just a few of her photos I immediately reached out in hopes of collaborating with her. She was so willing to take my idea and help me run with it. I was so thrilled, YOU GUYS, she is so talented.

Allie was acquainted with Artist Natalie Stallings and we both loved her work and distinctive style. We reached out to her with, what I can only assume, was quite the proposition (or perhaps, imposition;)): "let us come into your private studio space, make a flowery mess of it, and could you whip up a still life right quick while we sit and take photos and poke around and watch.? Like... paint it from start to finish, so we can capture the process. Like... in a few hours??"

Natalie was an absolute sweetheart and completely indulged us. We were so incredibly lucky to be invited into her incredibly beautiful home (like INSANE, and the lighting!? Delicious.) to watch something as personal and vulnerable as creating. It was such a cool process to watch unfold and to see Natalie's interpretation take shape; and getting to relive it again in the form of Allie's dreamy photography is such a satisfaction. 


I'm really quite proud of this little project. I fell so in love with it that I hope to have the chance of attempting to pull it off a few more times at some point in the future ;).

Enjoy!












GAH! <3 <3 <3



























Photographer Allie Kirk, Painter Natalie Stallings and I.




After Allie and I were kicked out ;), we couldn't help but take advantage of a bit of the homes gorgeous exterior and the perfect snowy landscape.



Packing up...

WAIT!
Cutest little thing. 


I had to give the photography thing a go! I mean, Allie did everything, I just held it and snapped, but still, looks pretty bad ass if I do say so myself (insert "shocked face" emoji).


XOXO, 
Mel



Photography by Allie Kirk of Allison Michelle Photography
Painting by Natalie Stallings 
Flower thingy by Me

1 comment:

  1. Mel. My heart swelled reading this post, remembering what an honor and what an excited DREAM this project was for me. Your mind is a treasure trove and your skills are breathtaking. Thank you for reaching out and establishing a connection I'll always cherish. You are a floral rockstar, and a kicka** woman. Yeow!

    ReplyDelete